GPSMAP® 79sc Handheld GPS
Cast off confidently with the GPSMAP® 79sc marine GPS handheld. This rugged, floating handheld features a sunlight-readable, high-resolution color display that is fog-proof and scratch-resistant. You get access to a range of satellite constellations, so you get more reliable, accurate tracking around the world. Navigate wherever your adventures take you with built-in BlueChart® g3 coastal charts. With more memory than previous models, you can save and track 10,000 waypoints and 250 routes. Keep your bearings with the built-in compass.
- It’s water-resistant, it floats, and it’s fogproof, so it belongs on the water — just like you.
- This thing can remember up to 10,000 waypoints and more, so you don’t have to.
- It’s nice to have reliable positioning when you’re out on the water.
- The built-in compass will point you in the right direction.
- Get the best of Garmin and Navionics® data with optional BlueChart® g3 coastal charts.
- Stay out longer with up to 19 hours of battery life in GPS mode.
This handheld is water-resistant (IPX7) with a high-resolution color display you can read in the sun. The glass is even scratch-resistant and fogproof.
Designed To Float
If rough waters come and the handheld goes overboard, don’t worry. This device floats.
User-replaceable AA batteries (not included) provide up to 19 hours of battery life in GPS tracking mode.
With support for multiple satellite constellations — such as GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS and SBAS — you’ll get accurate, reliable tracking and positioning around the world.
More memory than previous models means you can save and track 10,000 waypoints, 250 routes and 300 fitness activity files.
The 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass shows your heading — even while the boat is standing still.
Preloaded BlueChart g3 coastal charts (GPSMAP 79sc only) give you leading-edge coverage, clarity and detail with integrated Garmin and Navionics data.
In The Box
- GPSMAP 79sc
- USB cable
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including LEAD which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.